We recognise the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and this Data Protection Statement is to assist you in understanding the purpose of collection use and disclosure of your personal data.
We are committed in protecting your personal data and will manage and process your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”), the Ministry of Health’s guidelines and directives and other relevant legislation such as the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act.
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time and reserve the right to amend this Data Protection Statement at our discretion.
- Purpose for which your data may be collected and used
- Your personal data, which includes data you provide for registration purposes (e.g, name, NRIC No., date of birth etc.), medical information and any other personal information provided by you or your next of kin will be collected when you present yourself for consultation at any our centres. By voluntarily providing your personal data in order to obtain medical care, it will be deemed that you have consented to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal data by us for the purposes directly related to the provision of medical care to you, which includes to laboratory, radiology centres, referrals to other healthcare professionals and institutions and other associated purposes (e.g, billing and internal administration).
- We may use your personal data to shortlist you for participation in relevant research studies.
- We take patient confidentiality very seriously and will endeavor to keep your data safe by:
- limiting access to only doctors and healthcare personnel who are involved in your care, and the supporting internal processes;
- conducting regular checks to ensure only authorised persons have accessed your data; and
- putting in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and to prevent any unauthorised access.
- Your rights
- You may access your personal data currently in our possession. We will provide you with the relevant personal data within a reasonable time after the request has been made.
- You may request correction of your personal data. We will correct your personal data as soon as practicable after the request has been made unless we have reasonable grounds not to do so.
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in our possession by giving reasonable notice to us. Although we are obliged to evaluate and process your request, your withdrawal of consent will affect the medical care and services you would receive from us or other healthcare institutions.
- How to contact us
- If you require further information on our Data Protection Policy or clarifications related to data protection, please contact us at:Data Protection Officer
Brookline Medical Pte. Ltd.
51 Goldhill Plaza #19-02 to 05 Singapore 308900
General Enquiries Line: +65 6258 7965